Domaine Jules Desjourney, Beaujolais / Maconnais
Domaine Jules Desjourneys is relatively new to the wine scene, having started producing reds in only 2007. Fabien Duperray has a long association with top Burgundian Domaines, distributing the wines of DRC, Coche
Dury and Arnaud Ente, amongst others. This has allowed Fabien to begin his own estate producing wines organically and biodynamically. From hand ploughing the vineyards to foot-treading the grapes, every aspect is practiced as naturally as possible. He uses the finest corks and bottles and hand dips each bottle in protective wax in a bid to make the most stable and well-preserved wine.
The red wines are made with 100% whole bunch, receive no oak treatment and undergo 7 days maceration to avoid too much tannins. The white wines are all vinified in steel and glass tanks with the exception of two, Pouilly-Fuisse and Pouilly-Fuisse Vignes Blanches. These two whites are produced in a similar method to the wines of Domaine Coche-Dury.
Fabien has made a name for himself as one to watch in Beaujolais, many consider him the biggest threat to the regions ‘Famous Five’ and that he is well on his way to achieving ‘Iconic & Cult’ Status.
10% off a case of 6 or more
- Jules Desjourneys Macon Verse 2017€35.00
- Jules Desjourneys Beaujolais Villages Blanc 2017€35.00
- Jules Desjourneys Pouilly Vinzelles 2016€50.00
- Jules Desjourneys Pouilly Loche 2016€50.00
- Jules Desjourneys Pouilly Fuisse Vignes de la Cote 2016€65.00
- Jules Desjourneys Pouilly Fuisse Vignes Blanches 2016€65.00
- Jules Desjourneys Moulin a Vent 2009€65.00
- Jules DesjourneysMoulin a Vent Les Michelons 2010€75.00
- Jules Desjourneys Fleurie Chapelle des Bois 2010€75.00