Chateau Clos L'Eglise
Belonging to the aristocracy of the Pomerol is not the result of a decision but a heritage of quality and tradition, as in case of Clos L’Eglise. Just over three quarters of a century ago, in 1925, Savinien Giraud, the owner of Ch Trotenoy and President of the viticultural and agricultural Union of Pomerol, submitted to the Bordeaux Chamber of Commerce a “Classification” of the greatest wines of Pomerol, with Clos L’Eglise listed among the leading runners. This is why it is possible to date the reputation of Clos L’Eglise and the rank assigned to it by its peers, the members of the Union.
In the 18th century, Clos L’Eglise with its 14 hectares was considered to be a very big domaine for Pomerol, ahead of about a dozen great wines which formed – and still form –the heart of Pomerol .The estate subsequently took the name of Clos L’Eglise. However, following succession problems, it was split into two with, on the one side, the original Clos L’Eglise (Rouchut family) and on the other, Clos L’Eglise-Clinet (Mauléon family). Clos L’Eglise therefore has a continuous wine-producing tradition spread of several centuries.
Showing the single result