Chateau Beaumont

Jutting out between the Atlantic Ocean and the estuary of the Gironde river, it is in the Médoc, originally meaning the «land in the middle», that lie the lands of Beaumont which, in the 18th century, were nothing more than moor-lands and heather, meadows and fallow land, belonging to the Duc de Duras, Marshal of France and a member of the French Academy.
Cleared in 1772, the estate became the property of Henri Labarthe, who drained it and thus prepared it for growing vines. It was in 1824 that the vineyard of Beaumont came into being under its new owner, Monsieur Bonnin.