Chateau du Tertre

The Chateau du Tertre is a thousand-year-old estate whose vineyard, stretching over 52 hectares, remains unchanged since 1855. During the 19th Century, the Chateau de Tertre wines rose to worldwide fame, especially thanks to the 1855 classification which established the Chateau as a Margaux Grand Cru Classe. 1n 1997, a Dutch businessman, Eric Albada Jelgersma bought the estate and invested in the large-scale overall restructuring, thus returning its former noble personality to the Chateau du Tertre.