Henriques & Henriques
The history of Henriques & Henriques, founded by João Gonçalves Henriques goes back to 1850. After his death in 1912, a partnership was created between his sons, Francisco Eduardo and João Joaquim Henriques, hence Henriques & Henriques.
From then on, Henriques & Henriques played an important role in viticulture and wine making on the Island and in 1913, the family interests were established as a firm, and by 1925, the firm concentrated on shipping its own wines instead of supplying them to other shippers.
With the death, in 1968, of the last of the Henriques, João Joaquim Henriques, known as “João de Belém”, (who had no heirs) the company was left to his three friends and partners: Alberto Nascimento Jardim, Peter Cossart (who made 53 vintages with the company) and Carlos Nunes Pereira.
In June 1992, Henriques & Henriques undertook an expansion programme with a value of more than 5,000,000€ and invested in the construction of new premises in Câmara de Lobos and also on building a new vinification centre at Quinta Grande.
No products were found matching your selection.